Featured Post

Roubaix to Brews

Introducing the second iteration of The Gravle Guide Roubaix to Brews This new maps combines a new passion that I discovered this fal...

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gravle Bike #2: 1999 Cannondale XS 800


During the winter of 2013 I purchased my first cross bike, an old school, 1999 Cannondale XS 800 and this bike would propel me into the mainstream of riding the gravle.  This bike was nicknamed for me by the original owner:  The Fredmobile!




It was with this bike, that I started road rides on the weekends, pushing myself to ride further and climb more hills.  It was this bike that I rode my first metric century and this is the bike that I broke 1000 miles commuting to work in a year.  Everything changed with this bike.  Four years later I did my first D2R2 on this bike and I was hooked!


The mountain biker in me was being pushed to the back and dare I might say, the roadie was now breaking away!

No comments:

Post a Comment