Featured Post

Roubaix to Brews

Introducing the second iteration of The Gravle Guide Roubaix to Brews This new maps combines a new passion that I discovered this fal...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Will's First Taste of Gravle


I introduced my brother-in-law from New York City to the Gravle of Roxbury and Washington, CT back in 2012.  He and his family were up visiting and we had done some riding before when I suggested that he bring his bike, an old Specialized Stump Jumper, and we go ride some dirt roads. 


I recall it being cool that morning, in the upper 30s but with sun it was quickly warming up and turning into a spectacular day.  I think the first shock on the ride was probably the climb up Old Roxbury Rd but the real eye opener came on Shinar Mountain Road.

I can't ride up here and not hit Steep Rock Reservation


The old railroad bed for the Shepaug Railroad is so rustic and beautiful that it always makes the trip worthwhile to me.


And don't forget the tunnel!
I think this ride got Will hooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment